ISRO Chief to head International Academy of Aeronautics
Panaji: ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair is all set to become the first non-American to head the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA).
The formal announcement was made today by IAA secretary general J M Contant during an international conference on low cost planetary mission here.
"Its a great honour. All these years Americans chaired the post, first time a non-American, that too an Indian, is elected is a matter of great honour," Nair told reporters after the announcement.
Nair will formally take over the post during the International Astronautical Congress scheduled to be held in Korea this October.
Nair, whose term is for two years, was elected by 94 member countries through postal ballot.
IAA was founded in Sweden`s capital Stockholm on August 16, 1960.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics