ISRO Chief to head International Academy of Aeronautics
Panaji: ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair is all set to become the first non-American to head the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA).
The formal announcement was made today by IAA secretary general J M Contant during an international conference on low cost planetary mission here.
"Its a great honour. All these years Americans chaired the post, first time a non-American, that too an Indian, is elected is a matter of great honour," Nair told reporters after the announcement.
Nair will formally take over the post during the International Astronautical Congress scheduled to be held in Korea this October.
Nair, whose term is for two years, was elected by 94 member countries through postal ballot.
IAA was founded in Sweden`s capital Stockholm on August 16, 1960.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off