ISRO close to signing deals to launch 3 foreign satellites
Bangalore: Indian Space Research Organisation is close to signing contracts for launching three foreign satellites on board its home-built Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) from Sriharikota spaceport.
ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said Antrix Corporation, the space agency`s marketing arm, is in advanced dialogue for three launch services contracts.
"There are very serious discussions taking place for both dedicated launches and for the co-passenger missions. At least three I am aware of where people are seriously interested and discussions are taking place", Radhakrishnan, also Secretary in the Department of Space and Chairman of Space Commission, told a news agency here.
"They are expecting us to indicate whether we can do (the launches). So they want us to do it. When exactly they want it", he said.
Radhakrishnan also said Bangalore-headquartered ISRO would establish a Research and Development (R&D) complex in Karnataka`s Chitradurga district.
"There (in Chitradurga) we are having about 540 acres of land. We are developing it into a complex for taking up R&D for the future", he said.
Noting that the proposed complex is going to be a "major asset", Radhakrishnan said ISRO is looking at the next few decades with this initiative. "The new generation has to look at what all they have to do".
He termed NASA`s Mars mission as a "fantastic achievement" and an "engineering marvel".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy
- Sachin Tendulkar's latest tweet proves that wherever he goes, India follows - See pic inside!