ISRO close to signing deals to launch 3 foreign satellites
Bangalore: Indian Space Research Organisation is close to signing contracts for launching three foreign satellites on board its home-built Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) from Sriharikota spaceport.
ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said Antrix Corporation, the space agency`s marketing arm, is in advanced dialogue for three launch services contracts.
"There are very serious discussions taking place for both dedicated launches and for the co-passenger missions. At least three I am aware of where people are seriously interested and discussions are taking place", Radhakrishnan, also Secretary in the Department of Space and Chairman of Space Commission, told a news agency here.
"They are expecting us to indicate whether we can do (the launches). So they want us to do it. When exactly they want it", he said.
Radhakrishnan also said Bangalore-headquartered ISRO would establish a Research and Development (R&D) complex in Karnataka`s Chitradurga district.
"There (in Chitradurga) we are having about 540 acres of land. We are developing it into a complex for taking up R&D for the future", he said.
Noting that the proposed complex is going to be a "major asset", Radhakrishnan said ISRO is looking at the next few decades with this initiative. "The new generation has to look at what all they have to do".
He termed NASA`s Mars mission as a "fantastic achievement" and an "engineering marvel".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS