ISRO conducts GSLV Mk III launch test
Bangalore: Indian Space Research Organisation
conducted the static test of its liquid core stage (L110) of
GSLV Mk III launch vehicle for 150 seconds at its Liquid
Propulsion Systems Centre (LPSC) test facility at Mahendragiri
in Tamil Nadu.
While Saturday`s test was originally targeted for 200
seconds, it was stopped at 150 seconds since a deviation in
one of the parameters was observed, the space agency, which
has its headquarters here, said in a statement.
"About 500 important parameters were monitored during the
static test. The next static test for 200 seconds will be
conducted after analysis of this data," it said.
GSLV Mk III launch vehicle is being developed for
launching four tonne class of satellites in Geosynchronous
Transfer Orbit (GTO).
Measuring 17 metres in length and four metres in
diameter, L110 is an earth storable liquid propellant stage
with a propellant loading of 110 tonnes.
L110 stage uses two high-pressure Vikas engines in a
clustered configuration and draws its heritage from the second
stage of PSLV and GSLV and strap-ons of GSLV.
"While in PSLV and GSLV, the liquid stage with single
engine configuration burns for 150 seconds, the GSLV-MkIII
requires burning for 200 seconds in a twin engine
configuration", it was noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray