ISRO conducts special analysis for satellite safety: Govt
New Delhi: With space debris becoming a matter of concern, the government today said ISRO is conducting special analysis to prevent collision before launching any satellite.
"The growing space debris poses threat to present and future space activities globally in terms of collision risk. ISRO performs Space Object Proximity Analysis for its operational low orbit spacecraft on a regular basis to assess the collision risk and determine risk mitigation strategies in advance," it said.
"Collision Avoidance Analysis is also carried out to identify the safe lift-off time for launching of satellites from Sriharikota," Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Department of Space, said in a written reply in Rajya Sabha.
He said that apart from this, ISRO has been undertaking mitigation measures likes passivation of spent upper stage of launch vehicles and de-orbiting of non-functional satellites to avoid creation of space debris.
"India is also an active member of Inter Agency Space Debris Co-ordination Committee and played a key role in evolving space debris mitigation guidelines formulated by IADC and United Nations Committee on Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (UNCOPUOS)," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why