ISRO gears up for launch of Megha-Tropiques
Chennai: Final preparations are on for the October 12 launch of Indo-French `Megha-Tropiques` satellite that would study tropical climate, from spaceport of Sriharikota, about 90 km from here.
Integration of Megha-Tropiques and three nano satellites, that would be launched by ISRO`s workhorse PSLV-C18, with the rocket had been completed, ISRO spokesperson S Sathish said.
"PSLV C 18 is scheduled to be launched on October 12 at 11 am from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota. The countdown will start on Monday morning (October 10)," he told PTI.
Megha-Tropiques would carry three payloads - two by France`s space agency CNES and one jointly by ISRO and CNES - and a complementary scientific instrument.
ISRO has built the Megha-Tropiques spacecraft at a cost of Rs 80 crore, along with an "equal contribution" from CNES.
The satellite with a five-year life will investigate the contribution of water cycle in the tropical atmosphere to climate dynamics.
The three nano satellites are one each from Luxembourg, IIT-Kanpur and SRM University, Chennai.
IIT-Kanpur has indigenously built Nano satellite `Jugnu`, which will help in gathering information regarding flood, drought and disaster management.
The data received from `Jugnu` will be studied with the help of a tracking system installed at IIT-K and the received pictures and information from it will be used for research purpose, Head of mechanical department NS Vyas, the visionary man behind the making of the nano-satellite, said in Kanpur.
This would be the fourth ISRO mission this year including one launched from French Guyana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks