ISRO gears up for launch of Megha-Tropiques
Chennai: Final preparations are on for the October 12 launch of Indo-French `Megha-Tropiques` satellite that would study tropical climate, from spaceport of Sriharikota, about 90 km from here.
Integration of Megha-Tropiques and three nano satellites, that would be launched by ISRO`s workhorse PSLV-C18, with the rocket had been completed, ISRO spokesperson S Sathish said.
"PSLV C 18 is scheduled to be launched on October 12 at 11 am from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota. The countdown will start on Monday morning (October 10)," he told PTI.
Megha-Tropiques would carry three payloads - two by France`s space agency CNES and one jointly by ISRO and CNES - and a complementary scientific instrument.
ISRO has built the Megha-Tropiques spacecraft at a cost of Rs 80 crore, along with an "equal contribution" from CNES.
The satellite with a five-year life will investigate the contribution of water cycle in the tropical atmosphere to climate dynamics.
The three nano satellites are one each from Luxembourg, IIT-Kanpur and SRM University, Chennai.
IIT-Kanpur has indigenously built Nano satellite `Jugnu`, which will help in gathering information regarding flood, drought and disaster management.
The data received from `Jugnu` will be studied with the help of a tracking system installed at IIT-K and the received pictures and information from it will be used for research purpose, Head of mechanical department NS Vyas, the visionary man behind the making of the nano-satellite, said in Kanpur.
This would be the fourth ISRO mission this year including one launched from French Guyana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next