ISRO to review readiness for launch of navigation satellite IRNSS 1-B tomorrow
Chennai: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is set to hold a meeting tomorrow to review readiness for the launch of navigation satellite IRNSS 1-B onboard PSLV C24 from Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, some 100 km from here.
"The vehicle will be moved from Bangalore to Sriharikota on March 3, subject to clearances. The launch is likely to be any day after March 31. It might be in the first week of April," ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said.
Talking to reporters on the sidelines of a function at SRM University, he said that the ISRO officials would meet tomorrow to review the readiness of IRNSS 1-B.
IRNSS 1-B is the second of seven satellites of the Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System.
As for the GSLV Mark III, an experimental flight was being planned in the end of May or in the first week of June this year, which would carry a crew module to test the atmospheric phase of the flight.
The mission would carry the passive cryogenic stage, which would not get ignited during the flight.
``But aerodynamically the vehicle will be in full form of GSLV-Mk III, which will reach the orbit up to a distance of 120 km,`` he added.
The experimental flight of GSLV-Mk III was getting ready and it would have the solid strap-ons and the liquid core stage functioning and giving a velocity of nearly five km per second, whereas the upper cryogenic stage will not be ignited, which was also called the passive cryogenic stage.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Chopper scam: Willing to come to India and face probe, says AgustaWestland middleman Christian James Michel
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks