ISRO warns social networkers on fake profiles on Facebook, Twitter
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Bangalore: The Indian space agency has warned social networkers on the fake profiles of its Mars Orbiter Mission, floating on Facebook and Twitter.
It is observed that a number of pages in the social media (Facebook and Twitter) are floating in the name of ISRO/ Department of Space/ Mangalyaan, and others, which have no authenticity and ISRO does not take any responsibility for any content hosted on these pages, ISRO said in a release.
ISRO started an official page on Facebook October 22 titled ‘ISRO’s Mars Orbiter Mission’ (facebook.com/isromom) to provide real time authentic information.
However, several fake pages have been opened on Facebook and Twitter impersonating the space agency. It has been reported that ISRO is considering legal actions against the imitators to bring them to immediate closure.
ISRO’s Mars Orbiter spacecraft, launched on 5 November into the earth orbit, is travelling in the inter-planetary space through the 680-million km soar orbit and is expected to reach the Red planet in September 2014.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II