ISRO`s GSLV D5 launch likely early next month
Chennai: ISRO today announced that the launch of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle GSLV D5, which was called off at the 11th hour on August 19 due to a fuel leak in its second stage, is likely in the first week of January next year.
"After carrying out all preparatory works, the launch of GSLV D5 is likely by the first week of January next year. The exact date and time is yet to be fixed," said ISRO sources.
The integration of the second stage of GSLV D5 has already been completed and integration of the cryogenic stage is planned on December 9, they said.
"After completing all other procedures, the vehicle is scheduled to be brought to the launch pad on December 28. We need at least a week for the launch after the vehicle in brought to the pad," they added.
The launch of GSLV-D5 scheduled at 1650 hours on Aug 19 was called off at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, some 100 km from here, after a leak was detected in the fuel system of the liquid second stage in pre-launch pressurisation phase on the vehicle, just two hours before lift-off.
The propellants were later drained from the cryogenic stage, liquid second stage and the four liquid strap-ons of GSLV-D5 and the vehicle was moved back to the Vehicle Assembly Building in SDSC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video