ISS 20th crew delivers results of space experiments
Korolyov (Moscow): A Soyuz landing module carrying Gennady Padalka (Russia), Michael Barratt (NASA) and Canadian space tourist Guy Laliberte have touched down Kazakh steppe.
The International Space Station (ISS) 20th crew touched down the Kazakh steppe at 8:32 am (local time) yesterday.
Padalka and Barratt spent 198 days in orbit and the space tourist had a brief mission on October 2-11.
The crew had a busy schedule: the astronauts received two space shuttles, two Progress spaceships and HTV, the first space freighter built by Japan.
There were two spacewalks, which tested Orlan-MK spacesuits and prepared the ISS for docking with Russia`s MIM 2 research module due in November.
Padalka redocked the Soyuz TMA-14 from Zvezda to Pirs so that Zvezda could receive the Progress M-67 freighter.
Another goal of the redocking was a more convenient ISS configuration for orbit corrections.
Padalka and Barratt held plenty of experiments, including 42 planned by Russia, and did a number of commercial jobs.
Samples, experiment files and substrates cultivated in space were brought back to the Earth, while Laliberte delivered photographs and video recordings done onboard the ISS.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference