It`s official! Comet ISON`s dead
Washington: Comet ISON, once called the comet of the century, couldn`t survive the close brush with the sun, it has been revealed.
The comet, which excited astronomers and the media after passing within one million kilometres of the sun on November 28, was pronounced dead at a scientific conference on Tuesday.
Naval Research Lab astronomer Karl Battams, who was heading the observing campaign for the comet, said Ison, about 800m wide, was stretched and pulled by the sun`s powerful gravity and was also hit with solar radiation.
Battams added that at this point it seems like there is nothing left.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming