Jupiter-bound craft snaps pic of Earth and Moon
Pasadena: Earth, say cheese. A NASA spacecraft cruising toward Jupiter glanced back
and snapped a rare picture of Earth and the moon. Taken last week when Juno was 6 million miles (9.7 million kilometers) away, the image shows two white dots, one brighter than the other.
The solar-powered Juno blasted off earlier this month on a five-year journey to Jupiter. Though previous craft have visited the giant gas planet, Juno will get closer than ever
before, flying within 3,100 miles (about 5,000 kilometers) of the dense cloud tops to learn more about Jupiter`s origins.
The USD 1.1 billion mission is managed by NASA`s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days