Jupiter to make close encounter with Earth next week - Watch
New Delhi: Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system, will offer its best views for space enthusiasts next week.
According to the US space agency NASA, the planet will make a close encounter with the Earth on March 8, 2016. The giant planet will be "up all night," soaring almost overhead at midnight and not setting until the sky brightens with the twilight hues of sunrise on March 9th, adds NASA.
Watch the video below as NASA explains the whole process behind this phenomenon.
Video credit: ScienceAtNASA/YouTube
The next probe to visit the planet will be Juno, which is expected to arrive in July 2016. NASA hopes the mission will give us an even closer look of the planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured