Jupiter to make close encounter with Earth next week - Watch
New Delhi: Jupiter, the largest planet in the solar system, will offer its best views for space enthusiasts next week.
According to the US space agency NASA, the planet will make a close encounter with the Earth on March 8, 2016. The giant planet will be "up all night," soaring almost overhead at midnight and not setting until the sky brightens with the twilight hues of sunrise on March 9th, adds NASA.
Watch the video below as NASA explains the whole process behind this phenomenon.
Video credit: ScienceAtNASA/YouTube
The next probe to visit the planet will be Juno, which is expected to arrive in July 2016. NASA hopes the mission will give us an even closer look of the planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand