Kiran Kumar is director of Space Applications Centre
Bangalore: AS Kiran Kumar, Distinguished Scientist and Associate Director, Space Applications Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad, assumed office of its Director, taking over the charge from Dr R R Navalgund.
Kiran Kumar joined SAC/ISRO in 1975. He has made immense contribution to the design and development of Electro-Optical Imaging Sensors for Airborne, Low Earth Orbit and Geostationary orbit satellites starting from Bhaskara TV payload to the latest Terrain Mapping Camera and Hyperspectral Imager payloads for Chandrayaan-1 mission, according to an Indian Space Research Organisation statement.
He has made very significant contributions to the task of evolving the observation strategy encompassing land, ocean, atmospheric and planetary studies, it said.
As Associate Director of SAC, Kiran Kumar has steered the design and realization of communication, navigation, microwave and remote sensing payloads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study