Know more about GSAT 7—India’s first military satellite
Zee Media Bureau
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is set to launch GSAT-7 satellite, India`s first dedicated spacecraft for defence applications, onboard the European Space Agency’s Ariane-5 launch vehicle from the Kourou Island, French Guiana on Friday.
10 facts about GSAT-7
1. GSAT-7 will be the 17th ISRO spacecraft lofted by an Ariane-series vehicle
2. The satellite costs Rs 185 crore and it cost a further Rs 470 crore to launch it
3. GSAT-7 is a geo-stationary communication satellite designed to suit the Navy`s telecommunication needs
4. It weighs 2,330 kilograms (5,100 lb)
5. Onboard solar arrays can generate 2900 W of electrical power
6. Its payloads operate in UHF, S, C and Ku bands
7. The satellite can function during the eclipse period using A108 Ampere-Hour Lithium-Ion batteries
8. The propulsion subsystem has a 440 Newton Liquid Apogee Motor (LAM) and thrusters
9. The satellite is adapted from India`s I-2K spacecraft bus, which also was used for the
10. It will be positioned at 74° East
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray