Last full lunar eclipse for 3 years this weekend
Cape Canaveral: The last total lunar eclipse of the year is Saturday. And there won`t be another one for three years.
Viewers in the western half of the United States will have the best views Saturday well before dawn. The farther west the better.
The scene from the Pacific — Australia and parts of Asia — will be prime. The action will be unfolding there Saturday night, local time.
This is the second total lunar eclipse this year, when the entire moon is in Earth`s darkest shadow and will appear red. The first was in June. That`s it now until 2014. Until then, stargazers will have to settle for partial eclipses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list