Last full lunar eclipse for 3 years this weekend
Cape Canaveral: The last total lunar eclipse of the year is Saturday. And there won`t be another one for three years.
Viewers in the western half of the United States will have the best views Saturday well before dawn. The farther west the better.
The scene from the Pacific — Australia and parts of Asia — will be prime. The action will be unfolding there Saturday night, local time.
This is the second total lunar eclipse this year, when the entire moon is in Earth`s darkest shadow and will appear red. The first was in June. That`s it now until 2014. Until then, stargazers will have to settle for partial eclipses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!