Last full lunar eclipse for 3 years this weekend
Cape Canaveral: The last total lunar eclipse of the year is Saturday. And there won`t be another one for three years.
Viewers in the western half of the United States will have the best views Saturday well before dawn. The farther west the better.
The scene from the Pacific — Australia and parts of Asia — will be prime. The action will be unfolding there Saturday night, local time.
This is the second total lunar eclipse this year, when the entire moon is in Earth`s darkest shadow and will appear red. The first was in June. That`s it now until 2014. Until then, stargazers will have to settle for partial eclipses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP