Last full lunar eclipse for 3 years this weekend
Cape Canaveral: The last total lunar eclipse of the year is Saturday. And there won`t be another one for three years.
Viewers in the western half of the United States will have the best views Saturday well before dawn. The farther west the better.
The scene from the Pacific — Australia and parts of Asia — will be prime. The action will be unfolding there Saturday night, local time.
This is the second total lunar eclipse this year, when the entire moon is in Earth`s darkest shadow and will appear red. The first was in June. That`s it now until 2014. Until then, stargazers will have to settle for partial eclipses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report