Last full lunar eclipse for 3 years this weekend
Cape Canaveral: The last total lunar eclipse of the year is Saturday. And there won`t be another one for three years.
Viewers in the western half of the United States will have the best views Saturday well before dawn. The farther west the better.
The scene from the Pacific — Australia and parts of Asia — will be prime. The action will be unfolding there Saturday night, local time.
This is the second total lunar eclipse this year, when the entire moon is in Earth`s darkest shadow and will appear red. The first was in June. That`s it now until 2014. Until then, stargazers will have to settle for partial eclipses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss