Last-minute glitch postpones East Coast rocket test launch
Zee Media Bureau
Atlantic: A private US company hired by NASA cancelled its plan to test launch its new Antares rocket intended to be used on supply runs to the International Space Station after a last-minute technical glitch, officials said.
The officials reported that an important data cord linked to the rocket`s second stage detached too soon thereby leading to cancellation of the rocket test launch.
The test flight mission aims to place a dummy cargo capsule into the orbit.
The next launch attempt of the rocket developed by Orbital Sciences Corp is expected from a new commercial spaceport in Virginia at 5 p.m. EDT (2100 GMT) on Friday.
If successful, Orbital Sciences would then start working on an eight-flight, $1.9 billion contract to fly supplies to the station for NASA.
Orbital and California-based SpaceX have contracted to make space station supply runs with NASA, which ended its shuttle programme in 2011.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation