Launch of Oceansat-2 a fantastic achievement: Nair
Sriharikota: ISRO Chairman G Madhavan
Nair on Wednesday termed as a "fantastic achievement" the launch of
Oceansat-2 and six other nano satellites.
"This is a fantastic achievement. Once again we have
proved that we can do the job precisely," he said minutes
after ISRO`s warhorse rocket PSLV C-15 put in orbit the seven
satellites within a span of 20 minutes.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh conveyed his "deepest
appreciation" of the space scientists on the successful
conduct of the mission, Nair announced.
"Whenever we face difficulties, ISRO has always emerged
stronger," George Koshy, senior space scientist incharge of
launch vehicles, said.
ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC)
director SK Shivakumar said that a command centre in
Mauritius had picked up the signal from Oceansat-2 soon after
it separated from the launch vehicle.
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre director K Radhakrishan said
the successful launch of the seven satellites had once again
demonstrated the maturity of the Polar Satellite Launch
He noted that this was the 15 successive, successful
launch of PSLV.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'