Lok Sabha hails launch of polar satellite PSLV-C23
New Delhi: Lok Sabha today hailed successful launch of PSLV-C23 with five satellites saying it has yet again exhibited India`s prowess in space technology.
"With this launch, our nation has yet again exhibited its prowess and immense potential in the domain of space endeavours. This accomplishment by our space scientists has done us proud," Speaker Sumitra Mahajan said amid thumping of desk by the members.
On June 30, the Polar Satellite vehicle PSLV-C23 was adjourned.
Lok Sabha also conveyed felicitations to scientists and technologists of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) for making this mission a success.
Mahajan congratulated badminton player Sania Nehwal for winning Star Australian Super Series in Sydney. Besides, Pankaj Advani and Jitu Rai won accolades for their achievements in the fields of billiards and air pistol.
"...Their outstanding achievements which are a matter of national pride will be a source of inspiration for our budding sportspersons," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise
- Mohit Suri co-presents Pakistani artiste's new song
- Vedanta sweetens Cairn merger deal, offers 3 additional preference shares
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?