Mars mission will enthuse young minds in studying space: Kalam
Etawah (UP): Former President APJ Abdul Kalam Tuesday said that the country`s Mars mission would not only help in learning technology and mission implementation but also enthuse young minds in further exploring the outer space.
"I believe the Earth-Moon-Mars complex is important to humanity in the understanding of their neighbourhood and their quest for resources... Probably a second habitat," Kalam said after inaugurating a science museum building of a college here in Bakewar area today.
Expressing confidence that the technological challenges will be overcome in the Mars mission and it would be injected to the intended orbit, Kalam today said that this experience alongwith the expertise of Chandrayaan would trigger ISRO into further exploration of the Moon and the Mars.
"This experience, alongwith the expertise of Chandrayaan will trigger ISRO into further exploration of Moon and Mars," Kalam said today.
The former President said that Mars mission has just started and we have to wait for many complex manoeuvres to pass through interplanetary space and inject the spacecraft around Mars in about 300 days.
Kalam also said that such missions would also enable the nation to be an equal partner in international space ventures.
"Such missions will also enable India as an equal partner in international space ventures," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate