Mars Orbiter Mission: As it happened
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso G Kaping
03:30 pm: Mars orbiter spacecraft separates from Polar
rocket, successfully put into Earth`s orbit.
02:55 pm: PSLV-C25 will inject the spacecraft into Earth`s orbit after 40 minutes from lift-off.
02:38 pm: PSLV-C25/Mars Orbiter Mission lifts off for a historic mission to the Red Planet.
02:25: Final countdown to begin shortly
The PSLV-C25/Mars Orbiter Mission is set to lift-off from Sriharikota spaceport at 02:38 pm (IST).
01:30 pm: Mobile Service Tower (MST) withdrawn upto 150 metres. Countdown to the lift-off is normal.
6:08 am: All vehicle systems switched on for countdown
"The countdown is progressing normally. All vehicle systems were switched on for the final eight and half hour countdown which started at 6:08 AM," a spokesman of the Indian Space Research Organisation said.
Nov 05, 2013: Propellant filling operations of second stage (PS2) completed.
Nov 04, 2013: Mobile Service Tower (MST) covering the 44.4 metre rocket withdrawn upto 50 metres to facilitate the launch. Propellant filling of second stage (PS2) commenced.
Nov 03, 2013: 56 and half hr countdown of Mission began at 06:08 hrs. Propellant filling of PS4 stage and RCT completed.
Nov 02, 2013: Pre-count down activities initiated at 08:45 hrs.
Nov 01, 2013: PSLV-C25/Mars Orbiter Mission approved and cleared for launch.
Oct 31, 2013: Launch rehearsal of PSLV-C25/Mars Orbiter Mission successfully completed.
Oct 30, 2013: Preparations for launch rehearsal initiated. Check on the craft and launched vehicle completed.
Oct 22, 2013: Integration of the Mars Orbiter Mission spacecraft with the Launcher PSLV-C25 completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery