Mars Orbiter Mission launch rehearsal at Sriharikota tomorrow
Sriharikota: Ahead of the launch of its Rs 430 crore Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), India`s premier space agency ISRO will tomorrow carry out a launch rehearsal at the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre here.
"We will carry out a launch rehearsal tomorrow at 6.08 AM. Except for pressing the `ignite` button, all other procedures would be checked and see whether all preparations are in place," PSLV C-25 Mission Director P Kunhikrishnan told reporters here.
PSLV C-25 carrying the Mars Orbiter spacecraft is slated for lift-off at 2.36 PM on November 5.
The launch rehearsal would go through the last eight-and-ahalf hour simulation of the 56-and-a-half-hour countdown. Satellite battery check up, withdrawing of mobile service tower and checking various technical parameters, including electrical activities would be part of the launch rehearsal, he said.
The satellite has been already integrated with the launch vehicle, which is ready for launch in the First Launch Pad.
ISRO chief K Radhakrishnan, talking to reporters in Chennai en route here, said the countdown would begin on November 3.
"We are getting ready for the launch of Mars Orbiter spacecraft onboard PSLV-C25. Tomorrow we will be doing the rehearsal of the launch countdown", he said.
"The lift-off is expected in the afternoon of November 5," he said responding to a query.
One of the main objectives the first Indian mission to Mars is to develop the technologies required for design, planning, management and operations of an interplanetary mission.
Asked about the launch of GSLV-D5 which was called off in August due to a fuel leak, Radhakrishnan said the work on GSLV assembly was proceeding.
"The GSLV assembly is going on at the moment. By December 15, we should have the launch", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations