Mars Orbiter Mission launch rehearsal at Sriharikota tomorrow
Sriharikota: Ahead of the launch of its Rs 430 crore Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), India`s premier space agency ISRO will tomorrow carry out a launch rehearsal at the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre here.
"We will carry out a launch rehearsal tomorrow at 6.08 AM. Except for pressing the `ignite` button, all other procedures would be checked and see whether all preparations are in place," PSLV C-25 Mission Director P Kunhikrishnan told reporters here.
PSLV C-25 carrying the Mars Orbiter spacecraft is slated for lift-off at 2.36 PM on November 5.
The launch rehearsal would go through the last eight-and-ahalf hour simulation of the 56-and-a-half-hour countdown. Satellite battery check up, withdrawing of mobile service tower and checking various technical parameters, including electrical activities would be part of the launch rehearsal, he said.
The satellite has been already integrated with the launch vehicle, which is ready for launch in the First Launch Pad.
ISRO chief K Radhakrishnan, talking to reporters in Chennai en route here, said the countdown would begin on November 3.
"We are getting ready for the launch of Mars Orbiter spacecraft onboard PSLV-C25. Tomorrow we will be doing the rehearsal of the launch countdown", he said.
"The lift-off is expected in the afternoon of November 5," he said responding to a query.
One of the main objectives the first Indian mission to Mars is to develop the technologies required for design, planning, management and operations of an interplanetary mission.
Asked about the launch of GSLV-D5 which was called off in August due to a fuel leak, Radhakrishnan said the work on GSLV assembly was proceeding.
"The GSLV assembly is going on at the moment. By December 15, we should have the launch", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad