Mars Orbiter Mission launch rehearsal conducted at Sriharikota
Zee Media Bureau
Sriharikota: Ahead of the launch of India`s ambitious Rs 430-crore Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), ISRO carried out a launch rehearsal on Thursday at the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre here.
The launch rehearsal commenced at 06:08 hrs (IST). According to details on ISRO`s website, the vehicle system has been powered and the health of the system is normal.
The final countdown for Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) will begin November 3 morning.
"The countdown for the Mars Orbiter Mission will begin Sunday at 6.08 a.m.," K. Radhakrishnan, chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) told reporters.
PSLV C-25 carrying the Mars Orbiter spacecraft is slated for lift-off at 2.36 PM on November 5.
One of the main objectives the first Indian mission to Mars is to develop the technologies required for design, planning, management and operations of an interplanetary mission.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan