Mars Orbiter Mission launch rehearsal conducted at Sriharikota
Zee Media Bureau
Sriharikota: Ahead of the launch of India`s ambitious Rs 430-crore Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM), ISRO carried out a launch rehearsal on Thursday at the First Launch Pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre here.
The launch rehearsal commenced at 06:08 hrs (IST). According to details on ISRO`s website, the vehicle system has been powered and the health of the system is normal.
The final countdown for Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM) will begin November 3 morning.
"The countdown for the Mars Orbiter Mission will begin Sunday at 6.08 a.m.," K. Radhakrishnan, chairman of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) told reporters.
PSLV C-25 carrying the Mars Orbiter spacecraft is slated for lift-off at 2.36 PM on November 5.
One of the main objectives the first Indian mission to Mars is to develop the technologies required for design, planning, management and operations of an interplanetary mission.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM