Mars rover finds objects that look `man-made`
New Delhi: Mars rover Curiosity’s exploration of the red planet has revealed something odd—it has dug up some bright objects that look man-made.
But NASA scientists said Thursday that it`s probably just a different hued bit of Martian soil.
It`s only 1 millimeter in size and was spotted after the rover used its mechanical scoop to dig up some dust.
Project scientist John Grotzinger said researchers first thought it was earthly contamination from Curiosity. But it`s likely natural Martian soil that looks different because of the way it`s angled in the light or how the soil broke apart. Or it could be made of different minerals.
Curiosity will use its camera and instruments to try to learn more about what it is.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands