Mars rover finds objects that look `man-made`
New Delhi: Mars rover Curiosity’s exploration of the red planet has revealed something odd—it has dug up some bright objects that look man-made.
But NASA scientists said Thursday that it`s probably just a different hued bit of Martian soil.
It`s only 1 millimeter in size and was spotted after the rover used its mechanical scoop to dig up some dust.
Project scientist John Grotzinger said researchers first thought it was earthly contamination from Curiosity. But it`s likely natural Martian soil that looks different because of the way it`s angled in the light or how the soil broke apart. Or it could be made of different minerals.
Curiosity will use its camera and instruments to try to learn more about what it is.
(With Agency inputs)
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents