Mars rover finds objects that look `man-made`
New Delhi: Mars rover Curiosity’s exploration of the red planet has revealed something odd—it has dug up some bright objects that look man-made.
But NASA scientists said Thursday that it`s probably just a different hued bit of Martian soil.
It`s only 1 millimeter in size and was spotted after the rover used its mechanical scoop to dig up some dust.
Project scientist John Grotzinger said researchers first thought it was earthly contamination from Curiosity. But it`s likely natural Martian soil that looks different because of the way it`s angled in the light or how the soil broke apart. Or it could be made of different minerals.
Curiosity will use its camera and instruments to try to learn more about what it is.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees