Mars rover finds objects that look `man-made`
New Delhi: Mars rover Curiosity’s exploration of the red planet has revealed something odd—it has dug up some bright objects that look man-made.
But NASA scientists said Thursday that it`s probably just a different hued bit of Martian soil.
It`s only 1 millimeter in size and was spotted after the rover used its mechanical scoop to dig up some dust.
Project scientist John Grotzinger said researchers first thought it was earthly contamination from Curiosity. But it`s likely natural Martian soil that looks different because of the way it`s angled in the light or how the soil broke apart. Or it could be made of different minerals.
Curiosity will use its camera and instruments to try to learn more about what it is.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch