Mars rover finds objects that look `man-made`
New Delhi: Mars rover Curiosity’s exploration of the red planet has revealed something odd—it has dug up some bright objects that look man-made.
But NASA scientists said Thursday that it`s probably just a different hued bit of Martian soil.
It`s only 1 millimeter in size and was spotted after the rover used its mechanical scoop to dig up some dust.
Project scientist John Grotzinger said researchers first thought it was earthly contamination from Curiosity. But it`s likely natural Martian soil that looks different because of the way it`s angled in the light or how the soil broke apart. Or it could be made of different minerals.
Curiosity will use its camera and instruments to try to learn more about what it is.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble