Mission to Mars to be between 2013-15: ISRO
Panaji: India`s mission to Mars will take place between 2013-2015, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief G Madhavan Nair said on Monday.
"We have given a call for proposal to different scientific communities. Depending on the type of experiments they propose, we will be able to plan the mission," he told reporters.
The mission is at conceptual stage and will be taken up after Chandrayaan-2, Nair said.
"Once in two years you get an opportunity for the mission," Nair said.
ISRO Chairman is in Goa to host the eighth international conference on low cost planetary missions.
He said that like Chandrayaan-1, which had cost less than USD 100 million, the mission on Mars will also be low cost space odyssey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Women from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana being sold to Gulf like products in retail shop: Minister
- CBI raids Viswa Bharati University over alleged irregularities by sacked Vice Chancellor
- Akshay Kumar bats for insurance for stuntmen in Bollywood
- Summer special: Fashion trends to watch out for
- Facebook blocks pic of plus-size model Tess Holliday, apologises later