Mission to Mars to be between 2013-15: ISRO
Panaji: India`s mission to Mars will take place between 2013-2015, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief G Madhavan Nair said on Monday.
"We have given a call for proposal to different scientific communities. Depending on the type of experiments they propose, we will be able to plan the mission," he told reporters.
The mission is at conceptual stage and will be taken up after Chandrayaan-2, Nair said.
"Once in two years you get an opportunity for the mission," Nair said.
ISRO Chairman is in Goa to host the eighth international conference on low cost planetary missions.
He said that like Chandrayaan-1, which had cost less than USD 100 million, the mission on Mars will also be low cost space odyssey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Boxing as good as dead in India, rues Mary Kom
- David Cameron calls on LGBT community to live 'freely'
- Wimbledon: Andy Murray and admirer of `incredibly consistent` Novak Djokovic
- Defence Ministry nod to buy 145 ultra light howitzers from US
- Dominika Cibulkova beats Karolina Pliskova in Eastbourne final, claims first grass court title