More than 78,000 apply to go Red Planet
Washington: More than 78,000 people have applied for the one-way trip to Mars.
Mars One, the Dutch company that aims to send four people on the Red Planet by 2023, said that the applications have come from more than 120 countries, although the US led the list with 17,324 applications, CNN reported.
CEO Bas Lansdorp said in a statement that Mars One is a mission that represents all humanity, and its true spirit will be justified only when people from the entire world are represented.
The applications are going to be accepted until August 31.
Meanwhile, Buzz Aldrin said in an exclusive CNN Light Years commentary that the US should make a commitment to going to Mars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok