Mysterious footage on YouTube claims `UFO sighting over Malaysia`
Kuala Lumpur: A locally shot video posted on YouTube has got people talking about a possible UFO sighting over Malaysia.
But experts have shot down the possibility saying that there had to be an explanation for the phenomenon.
While having dinner at Sunway Mentari two weeks ago, videographer John Tan noticed the stars shining extra brightly and in clusters of blinking colourful lights and started capturing the event in his video camera.
A day later, on July 15, he posted the video on YouTube and it has been viewed at least 1,000 times since.
“The lights were there for another two hours after we first spotted it at about 9pm. After staring at it for about an hour, we even got into our car to look for the source of the lights but couldn`t find it,” Star online quoted the 29-year-old as saying.
And he dismissed the possibility of it being a toy.
“It is impossible that a toy running on normal batteries would last that long,” he said.
However, a commentator on YouTube debunked the theory saying they were merely kites that were lit, although Tan insisted it was a windless night.
The National Space Agency (Angkasa) also opined that it couldn`t be kites.
“People don`t fly kites at night because there is no wind,” said director-general Dr Mustafa Din Subari.
But he is also sceptical of the possibility that alien life forms with superior technology were paying Earth a visit.
“It is not the first time Malaysians claimed to have witnessed such a phenomenon. It happens every now and then,” he said.
Malaysia`s first Angkasawan Datuk Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor also said there should be a logical explanation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray