Mysterious ‘space ball’ falls in Namibia
Washington: A mysterious metal ball apparently fell from the sky near a village in the north of Namibia, 480 miles from the capital Windhoek, recently.
Authorities in Namibia were alerted around mid-November, about the crash of this hollow sphere but they disclosed about the finding only after conducting some tests.
Eyewitnesses claimed to have heard a series of explosions few days before the extraterrestrial find.
Police forensics director Paul Ludik told a foreign news agency that the mystery sphere has a diameter of 35 centimetres (14 inches), a rough surface and appears to consist of ‘two halves welded together’.
Ludik also described the object as being made of a ‘metal alloy known to man,’ weighing in at six kilograms (13 pounds).
“It is not an explosive device, but rather hollow, but we had to investigate all this first,” Discovery News quoted him as saying.
Following the crash, baffled Namibian police have appealed to NASA and the European Space Agency for an explanation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!