Mysterious ‘space ball’ falls in Namibia
Washington: A mysterious metal ball apparently fell from the sky near a village in the north of Namibia, 480 miles from the capital Windhoek, recently.
Authorities in Namibia were alerted around mid-November, about the crash of this hollow sphere but they disclosed about the finding only after conducting some tests.
Eyewitnesses claimed to have heard a series of explosions few days before the extraterrestrial find.
Police forensics director Paul Ludik told a foreign news agency that the mystery sphere has a diameter of 35 centimetres (14 inches), a rough surface and appears to consist of ‘two halves welded together’.
Ludik also described the object as being made of a ‘metal alloy known to man,’ weighing in at six kilograms (13 pounds).
“It is not an explosive device, but rather hollow, but we had to investigate all this first,” Discovery News quoted him as saying.
Following the crash, baffled Namibian police have appealed to NASA and the European Space Agency for an explanation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’