Mystery cloud spotted on Mars
Washington: Scientists are baffled by a bizarre phenomenon they observed on Mars last week.
Astrophotographer Wayne Jaeschke mentioned on his website about a “strange feature” over the Martian plain called Acidalia that moves with the planet and seems to rise over the limb.
NASA`s Mars Odyssey spacecraft will try to image the cloud with a camera that can take pictures in visible and infrared light at the same time.
“Our atmospheric researchers are pretty excited about the possibility of not only getting a good look at the cloud structures, but also their temperatures,” the Discovery News quoted Arizona State University astronomer Jonathon Hill as telling MSNBC.com.
Irrespective of whatever it is or was, the feature is diminishing in size.
“This has led some to believe that it was some sort of transient-type event,” Jaeschke said.
The list of culprits comprises a dust cloud from a meteorite impact, a massive storm system or just a trick of light.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan