NASA astronaut hopes to stage `out of this world` concert
London: A NASA astronaut has expressed her desire to stage a concert "out of this world", literally.
Catherine Coleman hopes to stage her own live "out of this world" concert on board the International Space Station with help from Irish band Chieftain and Jethro Tull before she returns to Earth in May, the `BBC` online reported.
Coleman said she preferred creating music with other people, but she`s the only flautist among the six-member space station crew. She said she enjoyed creating her "own little world" with music.
Coleman blasted off Kazakhstan in December for a six- month period orbiting Earth on International Space Station.
Along with her regulation space gear, she is took a priceless Irish concert flute, given to her by a man who is considered to be a star himself by traditional music lovers.
Chieftains flute-player Matt Molloy met the NASA astronaut, nicknamed Cady, more than 10 years ago after playing at a concert in Houston, Texas, after which Matt said, they took part as usual in a session with local musicians, including the astronaut.
"It transpired that Cady played the flute, and we have been friends ever since," said Matt who gave the astronaut one of his most prized possessions, his E-flat flute for space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video