NASA astronaut takes stunning photo during spacewalk
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: NASA has released a photo of astronaut Mike Hopkins while he was spacewalking on December 24, 2013.
The photo, which at first looks like a selfie, was taken by fellow astronaut Rick Mastracchio outside the International Space Station. It shows Hopkins floating in space with Earth in the background. If you look close enough you will see the image of Mastracchio with a camera in Hopkins` helmet visor.
The pair, both Expedition 38 flight engineers, were repairing a coolant whose internal control valve failed on December 11. They floated outside the space station for seven-and-a-half hours.
“The pump module controls the flow of ammonia through cooling loops and radiators outside the space station, and, combined with water-based cooling loops inside the station, removes excess heat into the vacuum of space,” said NASA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum