NASA astronaut takes stunning photo during spacewalk
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: NASA has released a photo of astronaut Mike Hopkins while he was spacewalking on December 24, 2013.
The photo, which at first looks like a selfie, was taken by fellow astronaut Rick Mastracchio outside the International Space Station. It shows Hopkins floating in space with Earth in the background. If you look close enough you will see the image of Mastracchio with a camera in Hopkins` helmet visor.
The pair, both Expedition 38 flight engineers, were repairing a coolant whose internal control valve failed on December 11. They floated outside the space station for seven-and-a-half hours.
“The pump module controls the flow of ammonia through cooling loops and radiators outside the space station, and, combined with water-based cooling loops inside the station, removes excess heat into the vacuum of space,” said NASA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming