NASA astronaut takes stunning photo during spacewalk
Zee Media Bureau/Philaso G Kaping
New Delhi: NASA has released a photo of astronaut Mike Hopkins while he was spacewalking on December 24, 2013.
The photo, which at first looks like a selfie, was taken by fellow astronaut Rick Mastracchio outside the International Space Station. It shows Hopkins floating in space with Earth in the background. If you look close enough you will see the image of Mastracchio with a camera in Hopkins` helmet visor.
The pair, both Expedition 38 flight engineers, were repairing a coolant whose internal control valve failed on December 11. They floated outside the space station for seven-and-a-half hours.
“The pump module controls the flow of ammonia through cooling loops and radiators outside the space station, and, combined with water-based cooling loops inside the station, removes excess heat into the vacuum of space,” said NASA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing