NASA backs humans to find `life beyond Earth` within 20 years
Washington: NASA scientists have revealed that they could find the proof of aliens or habitable planets within 20 years.
Charles Bolden, a former astronaut and now administrator of NASA, admitted that he had always looked for aliens when he was up in space but had never actually seen any, however, it was "probably improbable" that humans were alone and according to him in the next 20 years they would find out human beings were not alone in the universe, CNet reported.
NASA held a discussion in Washington recently, about the search for life in the universe. On this august occasion, a panel of experts offered their optimism.
As alien-hunting technology becomes more sophisticated, NASA announced in 2013 the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS), for example, which would come into use in 2017, with a hope that among the vast plethora of planets out there, they would find a second Earth or at least find a planet where there are beings with whom the communication would be possible.
Paul Hellyer, Canada`s former defense minister, insisted that aliens would have already given more tech to humans if only they would have stopped their horrible, squabbling wars.
There is, though, Stephen Hawking, who feared that aliens might absolutely loathe us or what if humans, despite all their foibles and failings, are the most intelligent beings in the galaxy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?