NASA backs humans to find `life beyond Earth` within 20 years
Washington: NASA scientists have revealed that they could find the proof of aliens or habitable planets within 20 years.
Charles Bolden, a former astronaut and now administrator of NASA, admitted that he had always looked for aliens when he was up in space but had never actually seen any, however, it was "probably improbable" that humans were alone and according to him in the next 20 years they would find out human beings were not alone in the universe, CNet reported.
NASA held a discussion in Washington recently, about the search for life in the universe. On this august occasion, a panel of experts offered their optimism.
As alien-hunting technology becomes more sophisticated, NASA announced in 2013 the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS), for example, which would come into use in 2017, with a hope that among the vast plethora of planets out there, they would find a second Earth or at least find a planet where there are beings with whom the communication would be possible.
Paul Hellyer, Canada`s former defense minister, insisted that aliens would have already given more tech to humans if only they would have stopped their horrible, squabbling wars.
There is, though, Stephen Hawking, who feared that aliens might absolutely loathe us or what if humans, despite all their foibles and failings, are the most intelligent beings in the galaxy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble