NASA backs humans to find `life beyond Earth` within 20 years
Washington: NASA scientists have revealed that they could find the proof of aliens or habitable planets within 20 years.
Charles Bolden, a former astronaut and now administrator of NASA, admitted that he had always looked for aliens when he was up in space but had never actually seen any, however, it was "probably improbable" that humans were alone and according to him in the next 20 years they would find out human beings were not alone in the universe, CNet reported.
NASA held a discussion in Washington recently, about the search for life in the universe. On this august occasion, a panel of experts offered their optimism.
As alien-hunting technology becomes more sophisticated, NASA announced in 2013 the Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS), for example, which would come into use in 2017, with a hope that among the vast plethora of planets out there, they would find a second Earth or at least find a planet where there are beings with whom the communication would be possible.
Paul Hellyer, Canada`s former defense minister, insisted that aliens would have already given more tech to humans if only they would have stopped their horrible, squabbling wars.
There is, though, Stephen Hawking, who feared that aliens might absolutely loathe us or what if humans, despite all their foibles and failings, are the most intelligent beings in the galaxy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?