NASA faces lawsuit over life on Mars!
Washington: It comes straight from Ripley’s Believe it or not. NASA is being sued for not investigating a genuine life form on red planet!
It pertains to the mystery Mars rock that had appeared in front of Mars rover Opportunity.
Petitioner Rhawn Joseph thinks that it was proof of alien life on Mars and that NASA is unwilling to investigate any further.
Joseph says it is actually a “mushroom-like fungus, a composite organism consisting of colonies of lichen and cyanobacteria - known on earth Apothecium”.
He claims he’s an astro-biologist with a long string of papers published in `leading journals`, reported Popular Science.
Lead scientist Steve Squyres of NASA’s Mars exploration rover Opportunity had reportedly said that the origin of the object in question was a mystery and that it had left his team baffled as to where it came from.
Scientists hypothesise that the rock is either from a nearby meteorite fall or the rock was flipped out of place by the rover as it turned on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok