NASA halts Orion space capsule test in ocean
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: NASA officials said on Saturday they have suspended training exercise of a test version of Orion space capsule off California coast.
The new generation space capsule Orion is designed to carry astronauts to space. The space capsule is then supposed to return to Earth with an ocean splashdown.
NASA said in a statement, “The lines were unable to support the tension caused by crew module motion that was driven by wave turbulence in the well deck of the ship”.
NASA and the Navy have been practising for the recovery of Orion, which will make its first unmanned flight this fall.
NASA said several of the test objectives were accomplished before the remaining tests were called off, including successful recoveries of the forward bay cover, parachute and demonstrations of the coordination required between the team onboard the ship and mission control in Houston.
(With Agency inputs)
Pic Courtesy: NASA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security