NASA offering USD 6mn to help solve questions regarding asteroid capture mission
Washington: NASA has now offered 6 million dollars to help them solve questions regarding their asteroid capture mission , which they plan to execute in 2019 or 2020.
There are five areas where NASA`s seeking external help, out of which the most crucial is asteroid capturing system itself, the Verge reported.
The robotic ship, under current plans, is going to be using an inflatable bag to capture the asteroid, which would be about four to ten meters in diameter.
The space agency is also accepting proposals regarding suite of sensors designed for the mission, as well as how to repurpose existing vehicles for the space mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan