NASA signs over shuttle title to California museum
Los Angeles: NASA has transferred ownership of the retired space shuttle Endeavour to a California museum.
A ceremony at the California Science Center Tuesday was attended by several members of Endeavour`s last crew including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords` astronaut-husband Mark Kelly.
Endeavour is expected to arrive next year at Los Angeles International Airport and then be towed through the streets to the museum near downtown Los Angeles.
Museum President Jeffrey Rudolph says Endeavour will be housed horizontally in a temporary display until a permanent exhibit is built. Its final position will be vertical, as if it`s ready to launch.
NASA retired the space shuttle fleet in July after three decades of flying. Museums in suburban Washington, D.C., Florida and New York will receive the remaining shuttles and prototype vehicle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport