NASA signs over shuttle title to California museum
Los Angeles: NASA has transferred ownership of the retired space shuttle Endeavour to a California museum.
A ceremony at the California Science Center Tuesday was attended by several members of Endeavour`s last crew including Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords` astronaut-husband Mark Kelly.
Endeavour is expected to arrive next year at Los Angeles International Airport and then be towed through the streets to the museum near downtown Los Angeles.
Museum President Jeffrey Rudolph says Endeavour will be housed horizontally in a temporary display until a permanent exhibit is built. Its final position will be vertical, as if it`s ready to launch.
NASA retired the space shuttle fleet in July after three decades of flying. Museums in suburban Washington, D.C., Florida and New York will receive the remaining shuttles and prototype vehicle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year