NASA spacecraft exploring solar system`s edge
Los Angeles: A long-running NASA spacecraft that`s been exploring the fringes of the solar system has entered new territory.
The space agency said today the Voyager 1 spacecraft is in a new region of the solar system that`s different than what it`s been studying the past five years.
New evidence presented at a meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco shows Voyager 1 has reached a point where the sun has little influence.
Voyager 1 still has a little ways to go before it leaves the solar system and enters interstellar space or the space between stars.
Launched in 1977, Voyager 1 and its twin, Voyager 2, are hurtling in opposite directions toward interstellar space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das