NASA spacecraft exploring solar system`s edge
Los Angeles: A long-running NASA spacecraft that`s been exploring the fringes of the solar system has entered new territory.
The space agency said today the Voyager 1 spacecraft is in a new region of the solar system that`s different than what it`s been studying the past five years.
New evidence presented at a meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco shows Voyager 1 has reached a point where the sun has little influence.
Voyager 1 still has a little ways to go before it leaves the solar system and enters interstellar space or the space between stars.
Launched in 1977, Voyager 1 and its twin, Voyager 2, are hurtling in opposite directions toward interstellar space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy