NASA spacecraft exploring solar system`s edge
Los Angeles: A long-running NASA spacecraft that`s been exploring the fringes of the solar system has entered new territory.
The space agency said today the Voyager 1 spacecraft is in a new region of the solar system that`s different than what it`s been studying the past five years.
New evidence presented at a meeting of the American Geophysical Union in San Francisco shows Voyager 1 has reached a point where the sun has little influence.
Voyager 1 still has a little ways to go before it leaves the solar system and enters interstellar space or the space between stars.
Launched in 1977, Voyager 1 and its twin, Voyager 2, are hurtling in opposite directions toward interstellar space.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days