NASA spoofs PSY`s `Gangnam Style` video
Washington: NASA`s Johnson Space Center has released its own spoof video of singer PSY`s cross-over Korean pop hit, in one of the newest in line of "Gangnam Style" parody.
The space center`s parody, "NASA Johnson Style," uses footage from the International Space Station and scenes from the center itself to highlight some of the work researchers do on the campus, which is home base for NASA`s astronauts.
Some astronauts have even made cameos in the parody video. Astronaut Mike Massimino - a veteran of two space shuttle missions, both of which visited the Hubble Space Telescope, is seen giving the PSY impersonator a disapproving look for a little less than two minutes.
Clayton Anderson, a member of the Expedition 15 mission to the International Space Station, can be seen dancing, while Tracy Caldwell Dyson, who lived aboard the station for 174 days in 2010, pops up a few different times lip synching from inside a space capsule.
A couple of the other guest stars include astronauts Michael Coats and Ellen Ochoa.
This isn`t the first time the US space agency has participated in a viral video phenomenon. Earlier this year, NASA`s JPL Curiosity team released their own take on LMFAO`s "People of Walmart (Sexy and I Know It)" with the much more subdued, "We`re NASA and We Know It (Mars Curiosity)."
The original "Gangnam Style" music video first went viral a month after its release in August, and since then has been watched more than 900,000,000 times, overtaking Justin Bieber`s "Baby" as the most viewed video ever on YouTube near the end of November, the report said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Watch: Amateur footage of a boy falling from Mumbai local train
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma