NASA spoofs PSY`s `Gangnam Style` video
Washington: NASA`s Johnson Space Center has released its own spoof video of singer PSY`s cross-over Korean pop hit, in one of the newest in line of "Gangnam Style" parody.
The space center`s parody, "NASA Johnson Style," uses footage from the International Space Station and scenes from the center itself to highlight some of the work researchers do on the campus, which is home base for NASA`s astronauts.
Some astronauts have even made cameos in the parody video. Astronaut Mike Massimino - a veteran of two space shuttle missions, both of which visited the Hubble Space Telescope, is seen giving the PSY impersonator a disapproving look for a little less than two minutes.
Clayton Anderson, a member of the Expedition 15 mission to the International Space Station, can be seen dancing, while Tracy Caldwell Dyson, who lived aboard the station for 174 days in 2010, pops up a few different times lip synching from inside a space capsule.
A couple of the other guest stars include astronauts Michael Coats and Ellen Ochoa.
This isn`t the first time the US space agency has participated in a viral video phenomenon. Earlier this year, NASA`s JPL Curiosity team released their own take on LMFAO`s "People of Walmart (Sexy and I Know It)" with the much more subdued, "We`re NASA and We Know It (Mars Curiosity)."
The original "Gangnam Style" music video first went viral a month after its release in August, and since then has been watched more than 900,000,000 times, overtaking Justin Bieber`s "Baby" as the most viewed video ever on YouTube near the end of November, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Cabinet raises foreign shareholding limit to 15% in stock exchanges
- Madhya Pradesh's suspended Dalit IAS officer seeks permission to die
- HDFC approves amalgamation of 5 subsidiaries into itself
- Maharashtra petrol retailers to agitate against 'no helmet-no fuel' rule
- Apple given relaxation in sourcing for first three years: Govt