NASA sued by California man over mysterious rock on Mars
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
California: The US space agency, NASA, has been sued by a California man for not investigating a mysterious rock, discovered by Mars Opportunity rover, a couple of weeks ago.
Rhawn Joseph, an astrobiologist, filed a lawsuit against NASA and its administrator Charles Bolden in US District Court in northern California. In his lawsuit, he claims that the object is a living thing that “germinated from spores.”
He asked the court to compel NASA to “scientifically examine and investigate a putative biological organism.”
“The refusal to take close-up photos from various angles, the refusal to take microscopic images of the specimen, the refusal to release high-resolution photos is inexplicable, recklessly negligent and bizarre,” Joseph stated in the petition.
NASA hypothesised that the rock dubbed as Pinnacle Island “may have been flipped upside down when a wheel dislodged it, providing an unusual circumstance for examining the underside of a Martian rock.”
Joseph, who has published articles in the Journal of Cosmology, wants NASA to take hundreds of high resolution close-up in focus photos of the rock from multiple angles and then send the original photos to him for investigation.
Joseph claims that the rock is an alien life-form and that the space agency`s passing it off as a rock even before doing any extensive experiment of it is “inexplicable and recklessly negligent.”
In his proposed court order, Joseph requests that NASA be examined the object further and if they find it to be a biological organism, the space agency must ensure that his name be listed as the first author on the scientific articles about such discovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan