NASA telescope captures 360-degree glimpse of the Milky Way galaxy
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Scientists at NASA have come up with an interactive map of our galaxy, the Milky Way.
The map shows a 360 degree that provides an unprecedented look at the plane of our galaxy constructed from more than 2 million infra-red snapshots taken over the past 10 years by NASA`s Spitzer Space Telescope.
In addition to providing new revelations about galactic structure, the telescope and the images processed by the Wisconsin team have made possible the addition of more than 200 million new objects to the catalogue of the Milky Way.
The image is interactive and zoomable, giving users the ability to look through the plane of the galaxy and zero in on a variety of objects, including nebulae, bubbles, jets, bow shocks, the centre of the galaxy and other exotic phenomena.
(With Agencies inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened