NASA to hold Google+ Hangout on Saturn on Wednesday
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Washington: The US space agency, NASA will host a Google+Hangout at 12:30 pm PST (3:30 pm EST) on Wednesday, December 4, to discuss the Saturn’s images taken by the agency’s Cassini spacecraft.
According to NASA, the hangout will also look ahead to the next few years of the Cassini mission. The event, which will feature a four-member panel will also be broadcast live on NASA Television and streamed on the agency’s website.
The panelists are:
- Kunio Sayanagi, Cassini imaging team associate, Hampton University, Virginia.
-Carolyn Porco, Cassini imaging team lead, Space Science Institute, Boulder, Colorado.
-Linda Spilker, Cassini project scientist, NASA`s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Pasadena, California.
-Earl Maize, Cassini program manager, JPL
NASA scientists will answer queries asked by reporters and public, LIVE on air on the Google+ Hangout event page, in the chat box on the Ustream site and via Twitter using the hashtag #askCassini.
According to NASA, the Google+ Hangout will be available at: http://bit.ly/askcassini.
Cassini-Huygens spacecraft is a flagship-class NASA-ESA-ASI named after astronomers Giovanni Cassini and Christiaan Huygens. The robotic spacecraft sent to the Saturn system is one of the largest, heaviest and most complex interplanetary spacecrafts ever built.
The spacecraft entered into orbit around Saturn on July 1, 2004. Since then, it has studied the planet and its many natural satellites.
Launched on October 15, 1997 on a Titan IVB/Centaur, Cassini is the fourth space probe to visit Saturn and the first to enter orbit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read