NASA to let you create your own space craft!
New York: Ever imagined creating your own space shuttle? If you are clueless how to start, here comes NASA to your aid.
If you have studied rocket science, NASA would enable you to make your own space craft!
From April 10, the US space agency is set to reveal its enormous database highlighting where to find software for more than 1,000 of its projects.
“NASA would offer a searchable database of projects,” Daniel Lockney, technology transfer program executive at NASA, was quoted as saying in a Daily Mail report.
We have collected a large amount of software projects, everything from design tools to robotic control systems, Lockney added.
NASA would develop a ‘GitHub for astronauts’ by hosting the actual software code in its own online repository, which will be found at technology.nasa.gov.
The data can be accessed free of copyright, but special clearance would be needed for anyone who wants to access projects like rocket guidance systems.
With this data, people could put together their own rocket.
One of the main goals of the database is to help develop technology that can be transferred to other sectors, the report added.
These data may even help hackers and entrepreneurs push their existing ideas in new directions - as well as help trigger new concepts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report