NASA to use moon capsule for other space missions
Houston: NASA has unveiled a new look and name for its previously planned moon capsule.
The crew capsule named Orion was a cornerstone of former President George W Bush`s plan to return astronauts to the moon. A year ago, President Barack Obama scrapped the moon mission but saved Orion, possibly for an escape pod at the International Space Station.
Tuesday`s announcement gives the spacecraft a new name the Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle. NASA says the capsule will carry four astronauts on 21-day missions and will be able to land in the Pacific Ocean.
Its destination would be beyond Earth`s orbit, perhaps to an asteroid.
Still in development is a giant rocket that would send the capsule away from Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray