NASA`s Curiosity rover finds `rat on Mars`
Washington: The Mast Camera on NASA`s Mars Curiosity rover has captured a dusty orange rodent among the stones on the rock-strewn surface of the Red Planet, starry-eyed enthusiasts have claimed.
The photo, taken Sept. 28, 2012, depict the "Rocknest" site, where NASA`s rover took a scoopful of sand, tasted it, and determined it was full of weathered basaltic materials.
According to Fox News, the "creature" was identified on the UFO Sightings Daily website, where its finder, ScottCWaring, is convinced that it`s a cute rodent on Mars.
"Note its lighter color upper and lower eyelids, its nose and cheek areas, its ear, its front leg and stomach. Looks similar to a squirrel camouflaged in the stones and sand by its colors," he wrote.
However, considering the similarity in coloring and position, others pointed out that it was most likely just a rock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!