NASA`s Curiosity rover finds `rat on Mars`
Washington: The Mast Camera on NASA`s Mars Curiosity rover has captured a dusty orange rodent among the stones on the rock-strewn surface of the Red Planet, starry-eyed enthusiasts have claimed.
The photo, taken Sept. 28, 2012, depict the "Rocknest" site, where NASA`s rover took a scoopful of sand, tasted it, and determined it was full of weathered basaltic materials.
According to Fox News, the "creature" was identified on the UFO Sightings Daily website, where its finder, ScottCWaring, is convinced that it`s a cute rodent on Mars.
"Note its lighter color upper and lower eyelids, its nose and cheek areas, its ear, its front leg and stomach. Looks similar to a squirrel camouflaged in the stones and sand by its colors," he wrote.
However, considering the similarity in coloring and position, others pointed out that it was most likely just a rock.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'