NASA`s Juno spacecraft gets gravity boost from Earth flyby
Washington: NASA`S Juno Mission spacecraft is going to slingshot around Earth towards Jupiter, accelerating to 25 miles per second along the way to become the fastest man-made object in history.
When the 1.1-billion-dollar-mission was launched in August 2011, scientists first relied on the Atlas V rocket to hurl it towards Jupiter.
But they realized that Atlas wouldn`t have given Juno enough power to reach Jupiter.
Therefore, the team turned to the slingshot technique, where Earth`s gravity gives the probe a key speed boost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?