NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity spoof video goes viral
New York: A Seattle-based comedy group has paid a hilarious tribute to NASA’s Mars rover Curiosity team in the wake of the country’s obsession with its landing on August 5.
Using the beat from LMFAO’s ‘I’m Sexy and I Know It’, the group parodied everything from the space agency’s blue polo shirts to the Curiosity’s landing, the New York Daily News reported.
The spoof video shows a group of “NASA” members hard at work on landing the Mars rover, touting their space skills in rap form.
“I got stars on my ‘hawk and I ain’t afraid to show it,” sings a spiky-haired impersonator of NASA’s leading heartthrob, Bobak Ferdowsi, who shot to nationwide fame after video of him the night of the landing lit up the Internet.
The chorus of the catchy tune, of course, is, “We’re NASA and we know it.”
In the video, the group — suited up in NASA-esque blue polo shirts and sitting in a dummy control room dance through the streets and rap their space terms alongside the beat.
“This is how I rove, bakin’ red rocks in my nuclear stove,” one lyric goes, accompanied by cute animations.
The group also show off some synchronized dance moves, featuring a woman in an American flag bikini and a man in an astronaut-style orange jumpsuit.
The video was put together by Seattle-based comedy group Satire, with the role of Bobak played by web video comedian David Hudson.
It got a stamp of approval from both NASA’s official Twitter account and the verified account for the rover itself, which both retweeted the link to the legions of space fans who have been extremely vocal in their passion for all things Curiosity since the Mars landing.
“This fan-made video is AWESOME (and I know it.)” the rover tweeted, adding the hashtag “#wiggle #wiggle #wiggle as another nod to the LMFAO song.
The real Bobak Ferdowsi, also gave the video a thumbs up.
“Well played!” Ferdowsi tweeted.
“Video is hilarious and awesome, but don’t know that we can dance like that (see high5s for ref),” he added, poking fun at himself and his team for their well-chronicled awkward high-fives the night of the Rover landing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17