NASA`s Spinoff 2012 highlights its contribution to mankind
Washington: The 2012 edition of NASA`s annual Spinoff publication captures a nation and world made better by advancements originally achieved for space technology.
Spinoff 2012 offers a close-up look at how NASA`s initiatives in aeronautics and space exploration have resulted in commercial technologies with benefits across the economy: health and medicine, transportation, public safety, consumer goods, energy and environment, information technology and industrial productivity.
"It`s part of NASA`s mission to ensure the results of our research and development benefit all of society. Spinoff 2012 documents the amazing stories that have come about from NASA technologies being adapted for uses here on Earth," NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said.
These advancements improve and save thousands of lives. NASA spinoffs also contribute to economic growth by generating billions of dollars in revenues and creating thousands of new jobs. In addition, NASA`s breadth of vision and its record of groundbreaking innovation inspire young people to pursue careers in the science, technology, engineering and math fields.
"Every spinoff is a tangible reminder of NASA`s return on investment to the taxpayer. Whether we`re developing technology to explore space or advance the nation`s aeronautics capabilities, great ideas from NASA have a way of returning real benefits back to individuals, industries and our new technology economy here on our home planet, today," NASA Chief Technologist Mason Peck said.
The 2012 edition of NASA`s flagship technology publication also includes a special section on spinoffs in manufacturing.
Together, NASA and its partners have commercialized more than 350 documented spinoffs relating to industrial productivity and manufacturing, from advanced construction tools to industry-launching innovations in new materials.
Profiles of NASA`s research and development activities, education efforts and partnership successes for the year also are featured in Spinoff 2012.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'