Neil Armstrong`s moon heartbeat EKG up for auction
London: An electrocardiogram of Apollo 11 Commander Neil Armstrong`s heartbeat, taken when he first set foot on the moon, is set to go under the hammer.
RR Auction, which is based in Amherst, Massachusetts, will take bids on the EKG (also ECG)- that registered a normal heartbeat- and other artifacts during an online auction from May 16 through May 23, a news website reported.
Other artifacts include the joystick controller operated by Apollo 11 astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins in the spaceflight command module.
According to auction officials, over 85 lots of Apollo 11 material will be featured in the auction.
Armstrong, who died in August at age 82, took his "giant step for mankind" on July 20, 1969.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed