New GPS satellite launched into space
Cape Canaveral, (US): A Delta 4 rocket has rumbled into the early morning sky from the Kennedy Space Centre at Cape Canaveral carrying a GPS satellite.
The rocket lit up the sky at 1211 IST today after two consecutive days of delays due to technical and weather issues.
The United Launch Alliance Delta 4 rocket will place a navigation satellite into the Global Positioning System constellation for the Air Force.
The GPS 2F satellites provide enhanced military signals that have greater accuracy and are more resistant to signal jamming. They also have some civilian applications and a longer life expectancy than the previous generation of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department