Pair of moon rocks bought for $330k at meteorite auction
New York: A pair of moon rocks, which originated on the far side of the moon, sold for 330,000 dollars at a meteorite auction in New York on Sunday.
The auction netted more than 1 million dollars from the sale of meteorites.
The moon slabs, each weighing around two pounds, were the most expensive items sold at the auction, which was conducted by Heritage Auctions and featured more than 125 other pieces from around the solar system, the New York Daily News reported.
The rocks went for a bargain price as the organizers had earlier predicted that the moon rocks are going to be sold for at least 340,000 dollars.
Organizers said that the moon rocks were fourth largest ever to be made available to the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!