Pair of moon rocks bought for $330k at meteorite auction
New York: A pair of moon rocks, which originated on the far side of the moon, sold for 330,000 dollars at a meteorite auction in New York on Sunday.
The auction netted more than 1 million dollars from the sale of meteorites.
The moon slabs, each weighing around two pounds, were the most expensive items sold at the auction, which was conducted by Heritage Auctions and featured more than 125 other pieces from around the solar system, the New York Daily News reported.
The rocks went for a bargain price as the organizers had earlier predicted that the moon rocks are going to be sold for at least 340,000 dollars.
Organizers said that the moon rocks were fourth largest ever to be made available to the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video